I feel the code 42970 with the modifier perfectly describes the scenerio.
Complicated when we find it is not amenable with this simple procedure of controlof the bleeder, or the patient came with severe bleeding in as to hypovolaemic shock etc.
Secondary surgical intervention means the patient needed another major or minor surgical procedure say, involving anesthesia and/ opening up the previous wound or site , explore, catch the bleeding vessel with instruments and make reinforcing suture or even some major surgical procedure involving extension of the wound and deep exploration of surrounding anatomical tissues and sites/ an dthier damage,suture major vessels stuff like that.
Hope you get my point.
Thank you for tuning in.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join