There is never an easy way to educate a doctor! LOL
I have the job of trying to educate 20+ hospitalists on E/M coding plus 8 doctors who work in our Urgent Cares. I have found that the web site www.emuniversity.com is very helpful. They have a free webinar on the basics of E/M coding that I usually ask my doctors to view. Whether they have or not is another question, however I know one doc did view it (this one is very eager to learn all that he can) and he thought it was extremely educational and helpful. He told me I should recommend to the powers above to require all of the doctors to go through this webinar - so I would recommend you try this. The only issue I have with this is that the Dr. who does this site and webinar usually likes to use the 97 guidelines most of the time, so you would have to explain to your doctor the 95 guidelines if that is what you use. (I use the 95 guidelines most of the time).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join