Starting a Billing Firm

Default Starting a Billing Firm
    Exam Training Packages
    Hi, Everyone
    Does anyone have any suggestion on starting a billing firm in the Milwaukee Area? Any useful resources will be helpful please email me with any suggestion.
    Thank you
    dmcc0283@gmail.com

2. Default
    If you're interested in starting a medical billing company, I would suggest that you start with looking at compliance guidelines for 3rd party billers. You can review the OIG guidelines at http://www.oig.hhs.gov/fraud/docs/co...thirdparty.pdf This will help you determine things you need to address in your contract up front.

Speaking of a contract, you will have to decide what services you will perform because you will need a contract. We used Liles Parker who is an experienced practice that works with third party billers. www.lilesparker.com

Also, you will probably want to learn all that you can about owning and operating a billing company. Google "medical billing" and you find a ton of resources.

Feel free to send me a private message - I'd be glad to answer any additional questions you may have.
    Cyndee Weston, CPC, CMC, CMRS
    American Medical Billing Association
    www.ambanet.net/AMBA.htm
    AMBACode Coding Software
    http://www.ambacode.net
    2015 AMBA National Medical Billing Conference
    http://www.ambanet.net/2015.htm

Default Starting a Medical Billing Firm
    Thanks for all the info!

Similar Threads

1. Northern MI Billing Firm looking for Employee
    By Jmckay02 in forum Employment General Discussion