DRUGS OF ABUSE TESTS: DOA drug screens are usually billed out as 80101 x the drug class. So, for a NIDA 5 (AMP/COC/OPI/PCP/THC), it would be 80100 x 5
If it's a modified NIDA -5, however, like AMP/MAMP/COC/OPI/THC, it's only 80100 x 4 since Amp and Meth are both in the same drug class.
note that CLIA waived drug tests have a modifier next to their CPT code...QW80101
from what i have found...hope this helps a little
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join