You'll hear a lot of stories about people who finished college but couldn't find a job because they lacked experiance or the right kind of certification. Then you'll also hear those from those people who said they had not problem finding a job.
I graduated from tech college in Medical Coding (only 1 year of tech college) and I got a job within 3 months with no certification. I think it all depends on where you are applying (is it a small facility or a large one?) and how many coders there are in your area for the employers to choose from.
That's just my opinion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join