The psych codes are determined by what type of service is rendered by the provider. Too often, we try and "instant-code" services (like on a charge slip). Psych services are best abstracted from the records.
In these "follow-ups" explain what type of service is being rendered to the patient. The setting from which the patient presents does not necessarily have impact; it's where the service is rendered and what is done for the patient.
Also, be sure you include the provider type supplying the service.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join