If a general surgeon and a plastic surgeon worth together to repair a ventral hernia and it involves a bilateral muscle flap (Cpt 15734 x 2 units) and Cpt 49565 and 49568 shouldn't they either be cosurgeons or one bill as the assistant. The plastic surgeon wants to bill for the flap and have the surgeon bill for the hernia. It would seem to me that this would unbundle the procedure because they are both working together to repair one problem which is the hernia.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join