Can someone please help? I am new to anesthesiology coding and am a bit confused. I just took an old webinar from AAPC thinking it would help, but it has confused me more.
First question - which code would you use for a Laparoscopic Appendectomy? Would it be 00840 or 00860? I had picked 00840 but this webinar stated that it should be 00860 - even though the CPT book does not state including laparocsopy like code 00840 does.
Second question - from what I have been trying to figure out, we bill the insurance based on the base units and time. My question is how do you do this? I have printed out a list from CMS on the base units, but I am confused on how that would be applied to the claim form and how would I bill the time - for both commercial and Medicare? Also, the modifiers confuse me - do I use the P modifiers, the AA modifier and of course my Anesthesiologist is a Locum too! And how would I find and apply fees? I have to code these services and then forward them over to someone to post into the billing system, so I need to have the total $ charges listed for her too!
If anyone can explain this to me I would apprecaite it! I feel very clueless and am not getting anywhere trying to find my answers!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join