I am not well versed in this. But just initiate so that the right person will come out with the right answer!
By the way, I have a question: The excision of nail and nail matrix partial or complete by any method x5 toes, code: 11750x 5, how much the global period; is it not 10days?
if that is the scenerio, it would not meet the staging at the outset (off the global)Then debridement should be a different procedure- that too it is not meeting the debridement of nails code 11720. shouldn't it go for 1104x series?? with another E/M
If it is within global period, and if physician intended to stage it with documentation, then it should go for the primary code with the -58
If he did not originally intended for staging, this should be appended with -78 , with supported documentation.
Both ways , I feel that it does not meet the requirements of nail debridement code (nails already off permanently.)
could any one clean up the mess i made here !!!!???
Thank you for your patience
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join