Iâ€™m getting conflicting views on this service.
Iâ€™m reading that this cannot be coded with CPT 31600 because itâ€™s not a traditional Tracheostomy, and to use CPT 31600 and 31622 w/mod 52 or CPT 31899 (unlisted).
Per this article: http://www.supercoder.com/articles/a...-tracheostomy/
But than I read in Coding for Chest Medicine (Pulmonary Critical Care Sleep) book that this service is to be coded with CPT 31600 and CPT 31622 w/mod 59.
Which one is everyone else selecting, I see the point on both sides.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join