Post menopausal bleeding and bleeding in some one that's postmenopausal both same category- disorders in postmenopausal(already attained menopause) women there are various causes for the postmenopausal -any bleeding/or spotting that comes out of the female genital tract of a post-menopausal is categorized into that.
Bleeding could happen even in women undergone hysterectomy
The causes may be different, atrophic/senile vaginitis, traumatic, drug (hormonal0induced,cervical pathology, or any uterine pathology as your case under discussion- A post menopausal women who has already a fibroid uterus now in her postmenopausal shows up with bleeding- ie the presence of a fibroid, could be an etiology for the bleeding in this postmenopausal women. This could be a change over towards malignancy, / or ovarian pathology/or if on hormones (even HRT) that could be a cause for the fibroid to go for changes and bleed.
626.6 Metrorrhagia- is for women of the reproductive phase who are in the phases of Menstruation/ menstrual cycles; but the bleeding is not related to the menstrual cycles she normally gets every month.- meaning it occurs anytime during the interval between two cycles. It is not applicable for postmenopausal women
So 627.1 could be the primary code with uterine pathology code (fibroid )in addition to support that there is an underlying pathology for the bleeding.
Am I clear in my language!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join