Was the patient re-admitted in the interim? if so, you can have a new re-certification within the 60 days, however we find that we have to appeal every single time, even though we eventually get paid. Otherwise, we have to wait the 60 days, even with a new diag.
I'd clarify this with your Medicare contractor, just to be on the safe side. Contractors differ in their interpretation of the CMS rules.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join