Is there a code for Dementia NOS w/ increased agitation or behavioral disturbances? I see that 294.1 has 5th digits for this type of instance, but 294.1 is for Dementia in conditions classified elsewhere, and I need Dementia NOS (294.8).
What code would you add to 294.8 to indiciate increased agitation or increased behavioral disturbances (yelling, combative)? Or is a different code altogether more appropriate?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join