Is there a code for Dementia NOS w/ increased agitation or behavioral disturbances? I see that 294.1 has 5th digits for this type of instance, but 294.1 is for Dementia in conditions classified elsewhere, and I need Dementia NOS (294.8).
What code would you add to 294.8 to indiciate increased agitation or increased behavioral disturbances (yelling, combative)? Or is a different code altogether more appropriate?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join