ASA code 01960 = anesthesia for vaginal delivery only
ASA code 01967 = anesthesia for labor AND planned vaginal delivery
I can't tell you which code is most appropriate as it would depend the documentation.
A spinal is an injection into the subarachnoid space. An epidural is an injection and/or catheter placement into the epidural space.
If you doctor places a spinal for the mode of anesthesia for a c-section (no labor) the ASA code is 01961.
Hope this helps.
Julie D, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join