Therapeutic, prophylactic, or diagnostic injection (specify substance or drug); subcutaneous or intramuscular
Injection, medroxyprogesterone acetate for contraceptive use, 150 mg --Use this code for Depo-Provera.
If it is a subsequent visit with only the injection I would use V25.09 for dx. But if the visit entails more info like some interval history questions, and will observe the patient's mental status and general appearance of skin and eyest. When the patient is healthy, all of these observations are automatic and the nurse hardly thinks about them you could have enough to support for billing the 99211 with the injection.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join