Julie - I asked a similar question (see my post from 9/23/10 entitled "Please help with correct codes") The response I received advised this would be a debridement, not a revision as the 19380 is for when the breast needs to be corrected for shape or size, etc.
From reading your note, it looks like the same procedure that was performed in my posted note - so I would say that this was coded incorrectly as a revision and should be coded from the repair codes such as a debridement.
Hope this helps - if someone has a different take on this I would like to hear it as I have to code for both the Plastic Surgeon and now the Anesthesiologist too!
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join