Are you asking if Physical Therapy can be billed via telehealth? Or are you using PT to mean something else? I ask because I can't imagine Physical Therapy being done remotely via telehealth. I realize that not all PT services require direct one-on-one contact - but those that do certainly could not be performed via telehealth.
Physical Therapy services are not on the list of eligible telehealth services in CMS' IOM. Here is the link: http://www.cms.gov/manuals/downloads/clm104c12.pdf
Either type telehealth in the search function, or go to page 180 for the list of services.
I hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join