AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Hip arthrogram dictation-HELP!!

Olympia, WA

Unhappy Hip arthrogram dictation-HELP!!

AAPC: Back to School
    I am in the middle of a debate between one of our physicians and a payer (med advantage plan).
    The physician coded a 27095 (Injection procedure for hip arthrography; with anesthesia)with a 77002 (Fluoroscopic guidance for needle placement). The insurance company is saying that it needs to be down coded as a 20610 w/fluoro because the doctor did not document the interpretation of the arthrogram. I have searched and searched for documentation guidelines everywhere I can think of and have come up with nothing (the payer says they follow CMS guidelines).
    Can anyone tell me where they are hiding them (the guidelines)so that I can take it to the physician and have him do an addendum?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

DMalone, CPC

Default Hip arthrogram dictation-HELP!!

Did you ever find the information you needed in this case? I'm running across the same scenario now.

Similar Threads

1. Hip Arthrogram
    By kfissler@medkoder.com in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2015, 08:23 PM
  2. Arthrogram dictation
    By jmcpolin in forum Interventional Radiology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
  3. Hip Arthrogram or not?
    By BFAITHFUL in forum Anesthesia
    Replies: 0