If the physician(s) you are reviewing are following a SOAP note format then yes, the CC, HPI, ROS and PFSH (these are the "S", subjective, portion of the SOAP note) needs to be documented before the exam and MDM. If you are reaching for ROS and/or HPI in the "AP", assessment and plan or MDM, then there is a problem with the formatting and flow of the information being documented.
You should suggest that they stick with the SOAP note format for consistency. That should also be part of the billing compliance plan for the office as to the formatting of documentation.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join