AAPC - Back to school

Thread: can 44180 be billed as separate procedure with gyn codes?

Default can 44180 be billed as separate procedure with gyn codes?

AAPC: Back to School
    my physician did a Diagnostic laparoscopy (not billable), laparoscopic adhesiolysis (44180),
    hysteroscopy (58558), dilatation and curettage (included in 58558), loop electrocautery excision procedure LEEP conization (57522), endocervical curettage (57505), excision of introital and vulvar condyloma acuminata (11426) and I was wondering if I can bill the 44180 with these other procedures? There were no other digestive procedures performed and I have a program that checks CCI edits and none were found for these codes....

Charleston, WV

In the situation as described, I would say it's okay. There were no other intra-abdominal procedures done.

Hysteroscopy is a vaginal route Visualizing the uterine cavity and its abnormalties and proceudres in it. Lap entry is another route and you have the merit to report separately.

The code for Endocervical is bundled in the D& C code. Dilation and curettage ( non obs) by its definition (procedurally) involves endocervix too,
    I hope this is appreciated

Similar Threads

1. What if both codes are Separate Procedure ?
    By betsycpcp in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2013, 09:13 AM
  2. What if both codes are Separate Procedure ?
    By betsycpcp in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2013, 05:14 AM
  3. E&M billed separate from PT/INR
    By Laura Wagner in forum E/M
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 05:48 PM
  4. 44180 when to bill as a separate procedure?
    By adri3421 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 07:51 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 11:17 AM