How do you code 80400 with 82533? Patient had 80400 (for adrenal insufficiency) Under this cpt code is the note "This panel must include the following: Cortisol (82533 x 2)
The patient's blood was drawn 3 times: 0, 30 minutes, 60 minutes
So, I believe that I need to use 82533 x3
3M tells me that 82533 is a component of 80400 and can be billed with the correct modifier. Is -.91 the correct modifier?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join