I have a question regarding Synagis claims, CPT 90378, and the administration charge. We are charging for an office visit and Synagis injection, but my question is: Can we also charge for the administration, CPT 96372, when the nurse administers the injection, but the child is observed before they leave and the provider is in office? The provider goes back into the room to check on the child before they leave the office. In the manual it states: "Physicians do not report 96372 for injections given without direct supervision. To report, use 99211. Hospitals may report 96372 when the physician is not present".
Can anyone give me clarification?
Thanks to anyone that can help me with this!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join