Cantherone is a brand name for Cantharidin--I've always used J3490 (unclassified drugs) and then just make sure to put the NDC#, # units, amt per unit, and any other info that individual insurances require (I also use this code for Candida injections). Just FYI this HCPCS code is hard to get paid b/c it's an unclassified code, so many private insurances will just deny outwright and ask for chart notes. In my experience it's mostly a trial and error situation to get it paid.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join