I have a question about administering a chemotherapy drug and immunotherapy drug such as Avastin at the same encounter. For example, we charge a chemo drug with the admin of 96413. Then, we charge Avastin or Zometa with 96365. The 96365 denies as bundled. Is it correct to add a 59 modifier since the Avastin or Zometa is in a different class of medication from the Chemo drug?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join