Since Avastin is a chemo drug, you would bill the 96413 for the initial hour of chemo infusion. The Zometa, as a subsequent drug would require a 96367. You can only bill one initial admin code per day. IF you are charging Avastin and another chemo drug, you need to charge a 96413 for the initial chemo infusion hour, then a 96417 for the subsequent drug's chemo infusion admission. The CPT manual breaks down all the admin codes and how they should be used. A good trick of the trade to rememeber is that chemo infusion drugs are all J9xxx. Good luck!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join