the patient had a cecal volvulus w/ stricture to right ascending colon and a sigmoid volvulus.
This is an open procedure and this is a condensed version of the OP note.
A right hemicolectomy was accomplished by dividing the terminal ileum with a GIA stapler and the transverse colon just to the right of the middle colic artery. The colon was divided between the GIA staplers at the resection points and sent to path. A side-to-side functional end-to-end ileocolostomy was then created.
The bowel was then packed towards the right and cephalad and the sigmoid volvulus exposed. The sigmoid volvulus was then resected with the GIA stapler. A side-to-side functional end-to-end anastomosis was created with the proximal and distal colon using the GIA stapler.
Would this be coded 44140 x 2?
Shena Betts, CPC
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join