Our docs do this a fair amount, we use the new code 0232T for those done in the office. At this point we have not been paid yet but I have been told that the blues are paying other providers around $800 for this procedure, Medicare pays as well but you have to be certain to state in box 19 "medical documentation available, platelet rich plasma injection". The providers we talked to had only been reimubrsed at the trigger point allowable and Medicare had shared with them to include this info in box 19 to ensure "better" payment. It is early since the code only became effective 07/01/10, so there are a lot of appeals being sent and not a lot of data as far as who pays, who doesn't and how well they are paying.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join