I am understanding that you are billing and E/M code with a mod. 25 plus a 99402 (E/M code for counseling). If so, this would be billing for 2 E/M codes. If the physician is counseling during a visit and documents that 51% of his time or more is spent counseling than the level would be increased. Only one E/M code would be used.
This is what I have understood from coding workshops I have attended.
Sandra Marion, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join