I'm assuming you're talking about a procedure with a 10-day global.
Suture removal is included in having placed the sutures. We do not bill for suture removal unless we have to take the patient to the OR and do it under general anesthesia (frequent for young children with sutures on their face). Even if the patient can't get in for that first post-op visit until 15 days post surgery, we don't charge for the visit.
If it goes beyond 15 days (or two available clinic visits), then we would code the appropriate E/M level.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join