a skin lesion has usually 3 measurements at the least, length, width, and depth. so this is what the path report is giving you the lengthxwidthxdepth. we code to the largest measurement so since all were the same size you will use 1.5. The only problem is most tissue shrinks by the time the pathologist measures it so your are most likely getting a smaller size than the actual. However if there is no measurement by the surgeon then we have to go by the path report.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join