Aetna has a way of coming up with some unique denials. I would have a standard way to appeal them Like a letter that addresses why the fluoro is not bundled. In the current issue of Coding Edge, in the article for transforaminal injections, the writer of the article, mentions the link/article from ASA the fact that fluoro is not bundled into certain injections.
I think this is the link he mentions.
Another thing to look at is that you mentioned 77002. Nowadays, 77002 is bundled in a lot of codes such as many from this range 64400-64450, 64520, 64510. That might be something to look at.
For 77003, it should be separately reportable with 62273,62310,62311,64479-64484,64622,64623,64626,64627. And 27096 these are the codes that come to mind, where an appeal would be necessary if they want go the route they are when processing.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join