AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Breast Reconstruction question

Default Breast Reconstruction question

AAPC: Back to School
    Each breast was approached in a similar fashion. An incision was made in her previous incision, and superior and inferior subcutaneous flaps were raised at the level of the muscle. An incision was then made in line with the muscle fibers, gaining access to the underlying capsule. The implants were removed. Both implants were found to be completely intact, however the right-sided implant had rotated approximately 45 Degrees in a clockwise fashion. After removal, capsulotomies were made from the inferior medial sternal border of the capsule superiorly to the lateral border of the pectoralis major region. An additional radial capsulotomy was made extending from the inferior medial sternal border to the superior lateral border. Hemostasis was obtained. The implant pockets were irrigated with antibiotic irrigation. Implants were then out onto the field, and based in antibiotic irrigation. They were then placed using a limited touch technique into the implant pocket. The patient was set up on the table to judge for size and symmetry. The pectoralis was reapproximated using a series of running 3-0 Vicryl sutures

19340 50
    19371 50

I would like to make sure I have this right I do not do Breast that often. Could someone take a look at this? Thanks

I would code 19340-50 and 19370-50. I only code professional services (surgeon), the supplies are coded by the hospital so I'm not sure about C1789.

what about 19328?