AAPC - Back to school

Thread: c arm for post leg fx

Question c arm for post leg fx

AAPC: Back to School
    I have a pain maanagement physician who used the c arm to check to see if fracture healed after the pt complaining of continuous leg pain post fracture. My question is how would I code this?

Columbia, MO

use the pain code (338.xx) with the V code for either healing fx or healed fx, and a 905.xx code for late effect of the fx.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

Thanks for the reply, maybe I did not make myself understood , but I was looking for the cpt code

76000 has reimbursement around $8.05 for pro /$ 77.86 for tech
    Compare to for example 73510 $10.29 for pro /$21.52 for tech. The reimbursement for the professional is very similiar but the technical is higher for the C Arm use. How it is documented, is this a separate formal x ray report performing by one of your physicians or is this within the note just stating he used the C arm to view the fracture until plain films could be done at a facility where x ray machine and room are available?

Similar Threads

1. FB in arm
    By rich203 in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 05:27 PM
  2. Short Arm / leg cast removal code
    By kathleenl in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 07:00 AM
  3. Intervention in Lt leg... cath also placed in RT leg??
    By cweavercpc in forum Interventional Radiology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 03:08 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 02:24 PM