Observation or ip status is dependent on the physician order in the chart. You will need to obtain a copy of the documentation in the patients hospital chart for the day of admit to see if it states admit patient or admit to observation. This will be the determining factor. If the hospital UR determined after discharge that the patient met the criteria for observation then they are allowed to query the physician to obtain an order to convert the stay to observation, this too must be documented in the chart. If this has occurred then you must submit a corrected claim for your visits.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join