It depends on where you are and what payer you are billing. There are 2 ways to do this and it is usually payer preference.
Bill one UB-04 and in addition to the codes for the rev code 450 you add codes for the physician visit and any physician procedures with the rev code for professional services.. I think this is 981 but please look it up first.
Bill a UB-04 for the facility charges and a CMS 1500 for the professional services.
Most payers that I have dealt with recently want two separate claims but I still occaisionally run across those that want only the UB-04.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join