There was a good informational thread through the forum. Also, I think Beckers ASC had an article on this topic too. Their website is www.beckersasc.com.
The forum link is http://aapc.com/memberarea/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22636.
I think when I was looking for articles on this, I searched "multiple colonoscopy procedure codes guidelines" under Google and Yahoo. (You sometimes get an overlap on sites but you do get different ones too.)
Just remember to tell your physicians that in order to code two procedures together, they need to be done on different polyps.
Here's another article: http://health-informationadvanceweb....pectomies.aspx
Hope this helps
Diann Do Bran CPC, CPC-H
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join