Patient uses opoid, 2 bundles per week and is alcohol dependent with a use of 1 pint vodka per day.
In view of the Coding Clinic that was published in April 2010, how does one interpret the instruction? Does the provider need to document the actual word (s); continuous, episodic or in remission?
I work for a state hospital, and the answer is yes. If the notes are not specific, you have to either query the provider or code it as unspecified.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join