13160 is for secondary closure (it does not mean 'delayed closure'). For secondary closure there should had been a surgical procedure(wound) before which went for wound gaping( dehiscence) of its own accord. So it is not correct code for our purpose.
12020 is also for wound dehiscence but superficial which goes for simple closure or just packing.
This delayed suturing/ or repair was intentional and it was like a staging procedure the surgeon opted for. Is in it? It could go with Modifier- 58.
I hope I am at the right path.
let us see another experts opinion to come through, (if you are not convinced!) and for the benefit of accuracy.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join