Look at chapter two in the NCCI Policy Manual. It gives examples of two scenarios. They describe if the operating surgeon requests of the anthesiologist to provide the placement of epidural catheter soley for post operative pain management and they are stating this can be done pre, intra, or post surgery and reported with the 59. But they state if the catheter is placed for intraoperative pain control and it is also going to be used for post operative pain control then it is not separately reportable. I hope my intrepretation and recount of what they were stating is correct and clear. There is also descriptions of the coding for this in the CPT Assistant archives.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join