We are a small hospital, but we have four gen surgeons. Our hospital currently only staffs one OR at a time. One of my surgeons has certification in some sort of anesthesia using Propofol. They are wondering if one surgeon could operate, and the other administer the propofol and do the related monitoring. Would we be able to bill for both surgeons doing separate procedures?
I don't know anything about anesthesia...but I am thinking ins would say the one cannot bill with the anesthesia codes? (I havent even researched the coding yet) Wondering if anyone knows anything about this????
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join