Arthralgia literally means joint pain.....
Multiple Arthralgia would mean Joint pain in multiple joints....
The coding guideline is as follows...." Do not code symptoms if there is a definite diagnosis" . If you have coded Arthralgia I would say Hip pain is included under it and therefore they would not pay for it as it is double dipping.....
This is why your claims are getting rejected.... Although I am not a pro at billing any suggestions please..... I would want to know everybody's input.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join