Catheter in the aorta would be included and not billed separately. Below is from Medicare's NCCI manual:
13. Cardiac catheterization and percutaneous coronary artery interventional procedures such as angioplasty, atherectomy, or stenting include insertion of a needle and/or catheter, infusion, fluoroscopy and ECG rhythm strips (e.g., CPT codes 36000, 36120, 36140, 36160, 36200-36248, 36410, 96360-96376, 71034, 76000-76001, 93040-93042). All these services are components of a cardiac catheterization or percutaneous coronary artery interventional procedure and are not separately reportable.
Jessica CPC, CCC
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join