The code can only be billed once per 30 day time perioc and then by only one physician. I don't believe this code is on the new Medicare fee schedule. I know 99374 no longer is since home health also went to prospective payments. If the patient is in hospice and on Medicare you have to bill the Hospice. They get paid thru a PPS and any care provided has to be added to thier bill and they in turn pay you. The doctor has to document everything he does for the month and then bill that way. I think you can estimate the time he spends on each phone call, etc. but you should be careful about over estimating. This is how I understand the billing for these codes. I hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join