The following is PART of the exam under the 1997 specialty exam for skin
Inspection and/or palpation of skin and subcutaneous tissue (e.g. rashes, lesions, ulcers, susceptibility to and presence of photo damage) in eight of the following ten areas:
* Head, including the face and
* Chest, including breasts and axillae
* Genitalia, groin, buttocks
* Right upper extremity
* Left upper extremity
* Right lower extremity
* Left lower extremity
If you physician has stated he "did a full examination of the skin" then I'd give him credit for the above bullets.
Of course, that is only going to help you if you are using the 1997 special exam guidelines for auditing the entire note.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join