AAPC - Back to school
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a job

Default Getting a job

AAPC: Back to School
    I just graduated with a degree in billing and coding, got my CPC-A and CCA certifications, and am taking the AAPC course to remove my apprenticeship status. I have applied to over 100 jobs, unfortunately they all require experiance. How can I get started in this field, any suggestions? Lynn

where are you located?

hi, I'm in Reisterstown MD and going through the same thing! Anyone has any ideas for help?

I am in Ft. Lauderdale and am going through the same. Need help getting experience to remove the "A"

How is the course on removing the "A"?
    Kim in Ft Lauderdale

Default Getting a Job

My best suggestion would be to apply for jobs with exposure to coding, such as medical records clerk, receptionist, or data (charge) entry. Get to know and work with the coders to learn as much as you can. It won't be your dream job, but you will get a foot in the door.

Question Trying to get my foot in the door

I'm trying to get my foot in the door. Medical temp jobs are also a good way to get in. That way you can get experience and decide if the company is right for you.

I thought about the program to remove the "A". Out of money.

Also concentrating on the Xtern Program to get experience. No pay, but not finding anything else.

Problem: I'm in Portland, Oregon. No companies close by. AAPC says you can talk to companies about joining.

Anybody had experience with this? What are your thoughts?

I am in the same situation as you. No any luck for a CPC-A with no experience. Guess just have to keep on trying to apply and apply.....

Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazala View Post
    hi, I'm in Reisterstown MD and going through the same thing! Anyone has any ideas for help?
    "Healthcare Service Partners is a full service practice management company. We are currently providing medical billing services, remote patient scheduling, provider office administrative support, insurance contracting, provider credentialing and accounting support to our clients. Anticipating the addition of a large client, we are looking for a full-time Patient Account Representative. This position will initially be involved with all aspects of medical billing and the following of patient’s accounts. They will be trained on the Allscripts Practice Management software, which includes both patient scheduling and the billing cycle.

We are located in Frederick, MD, with easy access to major interstates.

Rhonda Viola

5115 Pegasus Court, Suite M
    Frederick, MD 21704
    240.397.7003 PHONE
    301.668.7008 FAX

Same problem in Georgia .......Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast