Can someone please explain the NCCI edits regarding Medicare and vaccines? I know that you report the G codes for the administration of the flu, pneumonia, and Hepatitis B vaccines, but I notice an NCCI edit for 90471 and the G codes and 90472 and the G codes.
The mutually exclusive edits show 90471 listed twice as being bundled in G0008, G0009, and G0010. One edits shows they can be bypassed with a modifier (1) and the other edits hows they can't be bypassed at all (0). Can someone please interpt this please? Can you report these together or not?
Can someone provide me with an example of when you would use 90471 in conjunction with G0008, please?
Also, the mutually exclusive edits show 90472 bundled into the G codes with a "0" indicating you can't bypass the edits. So how do you report additional vaccines? Thanks.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join