I'ld have to agree with you. If the patient was not seen at 6 weeks due to the physician's scheduling issues and was seen only a week or two late, then include it as post- partum care. But after 14 weeks, and it was the patient who was unable for whatever reason to come in sooner, would bill an E&M, well woman exam.
Check with your payor as well. I've had one payor tell me if the patient no-shows her post partum visit included in the global to bill the well woman.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join