AAPC - Back to school

Thread: 6 week ob post at 14 weeks?!

Default 6 week ob post at 14 weeks?!

AAPC: Back to School
    We had a patient delivered by C-section 8/3/2010 with complications that kept her inpatient for 2 weeks following. She was scheduled for her 6 week post partum visit on 9-10-10. Patient no showed that apt, and could not come in until 11/8/10.

My doc wants to bill this as the 6 week post partum check up, but now its 14 Weeks later! I told her no, it's way too late, make it an E&M for an ov

Am I right on this, that it's WAY too late to play 6 week? Always nice to be re-assured, thanks everyone!

I'ld have to agree with you. If the patient was not seen at 6 weeks due to the physician's scheduling issues and was seen only a week or two late, then include it as post- partum care. But after 14 weeks, and it was the patient who was unable for whatever reason to come in sooner, would bill an E&M, well woman exam.
    Check with your payor as well. I've had one payor tell me if the patient no-shows her post partum visit included in the global to bill the well woman.
    Good luck,

Red face Thank you!

Thank you so much!

Similar Threads

1. Weeks of gestation
    By trinalankford in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2015, 04:41 PM
  2. need help with missed ab at 20 weeks
    By srobinson@womensmd.com in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-10-2015, 10:14 AM