In this link, you can see one forum member comment they use JW modifier to report drug wastage; whereas, another states WPS Medicare does not require this modifier for reporting drug wastage and have separate instructions. You would want to call the customer service for the particular Medicare carrier you are billing or see if you can find their stance on their website. Might want to check if is a single vial that can not be reused and make sure that the measurements are correct in regards to how the J code is suppose to be reported, or if it is an EMR that it is not a stored note by comparing to charge sheet.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join