AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Pos for home sleep studies

Harrisburg, PA

Unhappy Pos for home sleep studies

AAPC: Back to School
    Can anyone please help me with the billing of home sleep studies. My physician reads these studies in the outpatient department of the hospital. I have tried billing 95806/26 with a place of service as outpatient and medicare is denying stating treatment deemed by payer as rendered in unappropriate/invalid place of service. I have also tried G0399/26 with a place of service as outpatient and this is also being rejected stating unappropriate/invalid place of service. Does this need to be billed as patient's home even though physician is reading these in an outpatient setting?

I do DME but work with a lot of doctors who perform sleep studies & as far as I know, the place of service is 12 (home) for at least the tech component part - for the actual sleep study event took place at their home.

Here's an article I came across that might help (granted it's for a IDTF but hopefully it'll help) http://respiratory-care-sleep-medici...p-Testing.aspx

Similar Threads

1. Home Sleep Studies
    By ashive7431 in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 08:23 AM
  2. Home Sleep Studies
    By labcma@msn.com in forum Neurology/Neurosurgery
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 09:02 AM
  3. Sleep Studies Done at Home
    By Donna T in forum Neurology/Neurosurgery
    Replies: 2