Hey Sherry, was anything else done with this? Or did surgeon only do this tendon sheath debridement. The reason I ask is this may be bundled in whatever else is being done....but if not bundled then this would be represented by an unlisted CPT 27599 and I think I would compare the charge to 27380. With the claim be sure to attach the Operative note so the insurance can see what you're trying to represent with the unlisted code. I even go so far as to attach a cover letter explaining to the carrier that there is no current CPT for the procedure that was done and that I'm properly using the unlisted code per CPT guidelines. Good Luck!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join