you cannot bill Dr. A under Dr. Bs number. There is a regulation on this somewhere. If you check with the payer they will more than likely tell you the same ting. Every one I have ever asked have emphatically said no this cannot be done. Dr. B will have to wait to be credentialed or all patients he sees will have to be established patients seen as a shared encounter where Dr. A will have see the same patient on the same day and provide his own assessment note.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join